Location: Telework; Commute to FT Meade, MD and/or Chambersburg, PA as required
Labor Category: System Engineer Level 3
Terms: Full Time Employment
Salary: Based on experience, education and certification
The right candidate for the job will have knowledge of Windows 2012 Server utilizing SQL, and .Net. IIS experience a must. You be working in a fast paced environment with the DoD supporting cybersecurity systems. You will be the SME that people turn to when system issues that arise and when Tier I and Tier II support cannot resolve the issue. You will work with a team of Tier II and Tier III professionals in other locations in order to provide top of the line customer support.
The Systems Administrator will participate in designing, engineering, integrating, implementing, testing, deploying, maintaining, reviewing and administering the infrastructure, hardware and software required to manage the security and risk posture of resources effectively. Administer security systems while ensuring services for the support of integrated security systems and solutions. Configure and validate system security and evaluate security products to identify weaknesses. Conduct audits to ensure systems are being operated in accordance with defined policies and procedures and respond to client requests for information.
The right candidate will participates in technical research and development efforts to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure. This individual ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values, enabling staff and Partners.
Required Skills and certifications
- Associates Degree + 8 yrs experience.
- DoD 8570.01 IAT Level II certification, including Security +.
- Provide application support for remote systems.
- Administer users through an Enterprise management tool supported by Active Directory.
- Initiate proactive customer notifications.
- Adhere to service level standards for all customers.
- Develop and nurture successful long-term relationships with clients.
- Provide deployment support on Windows and Cloud platforms.
- Monitor the health and performance of the systems.
- Attention to detail and professional communication skills are a must.
- Provide ongoing support to Tier III team when troubleshooting issues.
- Networking experience.
- Flexible team player willing to provide on call support.
The SCM portfolio provides for the integration and optimization of enterprise cyber security applications, tools, and data standards to support automated processes used in support of cyber blue force tracking, risk management, near-real time awareness of devices and software inventory and configurations. SCM enables Information System Monitoring as part of the Department of Defense (DoD) Continuous Monitoring Strategy – supporting the initial data sets of assets, system configurations, and vulnerabilities (to include Federal Information Security Management reporting requirements). The program leverages inherent SCM capabilities used within combatant commands, services, and agencies (CC/S/As) and provides pervasive enterprise capabilities and interfaced automated capabilities based on common data standards (e.g., Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP)) to enhance CC/S/A's ability to identify assets, check system configuration compliance against policies and standards, search for potential vulnerabilities, act on known vulnerabilities for known risk posture for systems/networks and report status and share information on a need-to-know basis.