Senior Naval Analyst/Test Engineer
Provide Developmental Test and Evaluation (DT&E) and analytical support of Navy ship MDAP programs to the Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense (DASD) for DT&E.
- Monitor the progress of Navy ship test programs with service and OSD staffs, program offices, and contractors to ensure adequacy and thoroughness of DT&E.
- Review and evaluate Test and Evaluation Master Plans, plus system-level detailed developmental test plans.
- Evaluate test results, schedules, resources, and technological risks for program reviews.
- Advise DASD(DT&E) on technical management aspects of policies, programs, and alternatives as they relate to DoD DT&E issues for assigned programs.
- Represents DASD (DT&E) to other OSD offices and Service acquisition managers.
- DAWIA Level 1 T&E
- Subject matter expert in test and evaluation of DoD Navy ship programs, and T&E policy with 10 years of T&E experience.
- Experience with the DoD acquisition system.
- Ability to quickly draft technical issue papers, staff summaries, memoranda, and briefings, including translating program technical issues into executive-level terms for senior decision makers and government staff assistants.
- Ability to prepare and present evaluation/assessment of test results to senior decision makers.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to work in a team environment.
- Experience with Service and OSD-level operating practices, Joint Staff, Service Component Headquarters, program office relationships and T&E execution organizations; knowledge of the functions and practices of the OSD organization and its responsibility for oversight of major defense acquisition programs.
- Excellent command and proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite.
- DAWIA Level III
- Experience with developmental, joint, and operational test and evaluation of Navy ships and/or ship combat systems.
- Senior staff experience, preferably on the OSD, Joint, or a Service staff. DAWIA Level 3 Certification in Test and Evaluation. Pentagon and Test Agency experience preferred.