Location: Telework; Open to U.S. Geographic Locations only
Labor Category: Test Engineer Level 3
Terms: Full Time Employment
Salary: Based on experience, education and certification
Clearance: Secret/SSBI or Top Secret
Act as the key point of contact for all quality assurance (QA) aspects of releases, providing QA services and coordinating QA resources. Define or architect test framework requirements and develop or integrate open source test tools to automate test cases and capture test results or metrics and reports. Design test specifications, create a test strategy for new and existing features, and automate as many test cases as possible using the test framework or other open source test tools. Leverage test and development best practices, patterns, and processes within test and development teams. Mentor and lead junior engineers on testing best practices, patterns, and processes. Work with the development teams to ensure front-end, back-end, and database system meet the defined success criteria for all requirements in each release. Develop and maintain a Test and Evaluation Master Plan in support of each release and update the plan throughout the development cycle.
Required Skills and certifications
- Bachelor's degree.
- 8 years experience.
- 8570 certification requirement to include Security +.
- Experience with implementing testing for continuous integration and deployment processes.
- Experience with leading QA efforts on large-scale software projects.
- Ability to show creativity and initiative to improve product test coverage and effectiveness.
- Ability to be comfortable communicating cross-functionally and across management levels in formal and informal settings.
- Ability to show passion for software testing and quality and be a team player with high energy who thrives in an ambiguous environment.
- Ability to triage issues, react well to changes, work with teams, and multi-task on multiple products and projects.
- Ability to be results-oriented with a client focus.
- Possession of excellent organizational skills, including tracking multiple test executions simultaneously and synthesizing the results.
- Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Possession of excellent analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills.
The SCM portfolio provides for the integration and optimization of enterprise cyber security applications, tools, and data standards to support automated processes used in support of cyber blue force tracking, risk management, near-real time awareness of devices and software inventory and configurations. SCM enables Information System Monitoring as part of the Department of Defense (DoD) Continuous Monitoring Strategy – supporting the initial data sets of assets, system configurations, and vulnerabilities (to include Federal Information Security Management reporting requirements). The program leverages inherent SCM capabilities used within combatant commands, services, and agencies (CC/S/As) and provides pervasive enterprise capabilities and interfaced automated capabilities based on common data standards (e.g., Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP)) to enhance CC/S/A's ability to identify assets, check system configuration compliance against policies and standards, search for potential vulnerabilities, act on known vulnerabilities for known risk posture for systems/networks and report status and share information on a need-to-know basis.