Location: Telework; Open to U.S. Geographic Locations only
Labor Category: Software Engineer - Level 3
Terms: Full Time Employment
Salary: Based on experience, education and certification
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills and with the ability to tie organization objectives to mission critical objectives.
- Must be able to maintain a highly evolved project schedule with multiple programs.
- Experience with project management frameworks and best practices and the systems and software development life cycle, including scope, schedule, and risk identification and management.
- Experience with capturing and documenting requirements.
- Experience with governance processes and control gates and customer and stakeholder relations and engagement.
- Experience with financial, schedule, and performance oversight.
- Experience with security, including authorization, authentication, and status reporting.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, including Word, PowerPoint, Project, Excel, and Visio.
- Experience with the Agile development methodology.
Required Skills and certifications
- Bachelor of Science degree.
- 5 yrs experience managing IT, Information Security and Information System projects.
- 8570 certification to include the Security +.
- Analyzing information, general programming skills, software design, software debugging, software documentation, software testing, problem solving, teamwork, software development fundamentals, Agile Development Process, Software Requirements.
The SCM portfolio provides for the integration and optimization of enterprise cyber security applications, tools, and data standards to support automated processes used in support of cyber blue force tracking, risk management, near-real time awareness of devices and software inventory and configurations. SCM enables Information System Monitoring as part of the Department of Defense (DoD) Continuous Monitoring Strategy – supporting the initial data sets of assets, system configurations, and vulnerabilities (to include Federal Information Security Management reporting requirements). The program leverages inherent SCM capabilities used within combatant commands, services, and agencies (CC/S/As) and provides pervasive enterprise capabilities and interfaced automated capabilities based on common data standards (e.g., Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP)) to enhance CC/S/A's ability to identify assets, check system configuration compliance against policies and standards, search for potential vulnerabilities, act on known vulnerabilities for known risk posture for systems/networks and report status and share information on a need-to-know basis.