SOC Analyst 1
This position requires shift work. The SOC Analyst 1 supports a 24/7/365 Security Operations Center and monitors security tools and provides first tier response to security incidents. The analyst follows standard operating procedures for detecting, classifying, and reporting incidents under the supervision of Tier 2 and Tier 3 staff.
Desired Tools, Experience and certifications
- Bachelor’s degree in an IT related field or equivalent education or work experience.
- Two years of experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Self-motivated and able to work in an independent manner.
- Security Operations Center (SOC)environment experience with some security engineering and monitoring experience.
- Dedicated monitoring and analysis of cyber security events (Triage).
- Event of Interest (EOI) handling and escalation.
- Incident Response generation and reporting.
- Processing of incident communications to include initial reporting, follow-ups, requests for information and resolution activity.
- COMPTIA Security + or other relevant networking or software engineering certifications.
Knowledge of any the following tools is a plus:
- Imperva WAF
- McAfee ePO
- ForeScout NAC