Senior Systems Engineer
- Primary responsibility will be maintaining Windows 2008 servers or later, provide application management, Active Directory management, Server Cluster administration network maintenance and support, security, backup and recovery using backup Exec.
- Working with Microsoft based products and Cisco networking equipment
- Engages with peers to accomplish daily tasks and communicates with the customer point of contact daily
- Installs, maintains, and coordinates the use of servers and associated networks
- Evaluates hardware and software, develops security procedures, analyzes network designs and researches new technologies
- Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems. Implements and coordinates network policies, procedures, and standards
- Works independently without direct supervision
- Essentially manages the server environment for daily operational success
- This position is critical in making sure support is provided correctly
- As this position is primary focused in working in a team environment the qualified candidate will be responsible for mentoring others.
- 12 Years Experience
- MCSE, CCN
- Experience working with MS 2008 servers in Troubleshooting, administering, configuring, installation, patching, backup and recovery.
- Extensive experience in security systems engineering; Anti-Virus, Anti-Spam, Intrusion Detection, Encryption. Extensive experience in data center management, Windows Server Clustering, SQL Server 2008 or 2012, NetIQ, web application hosting, F5, VMWare, VCenter, Microsoft SharePoint, Microsoft Operations Manager
- Good written and verbal communication skills