Senior Network Administrator
Currently seeking a Senior Network Administrator in Huntsville, AL. The successful candidate should have a thorough knowledge of network architecture, design, implementation, and support. The candidate must be capable of working in both a team environment on enterprise projects and be capable of working independently to resolve technical issues.
- Install, configure and maintain LAN and WAN system hardware (switches, routers, firewalls, etc.) using primarily Cisco hardware
- Install, configure and maintain wireless network hardware using primarily Cisco hardware
- Design, maintain and document network solutions
- Strong knowledge of network protocols
- Secure networks by developing network access controls and policies that align with DISA STIGs
- Ensure system security in compliance with Army and customer policies
- Understand network security devices and their output
- Ensure reliable backup and recovery from circuit and hardware outages
- Integrate and manage enterprise tools sets such as the SolarWinds suite of tools
- Provides network performance statics, reports and recommendations for network enhancements
- Apply firmware and software patches as required to hardware
- Researches, evaluates and stays current on emerging technologies and tools
- Perform other hardware and software tasks as assigned
- Provide Tier II and Tier III Service Desk support for network access issues
- Maintain all support documentation
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems (or related field) and 8+ years network administration experience (equivalent experience accepted in lieu of degree).
- Active Secret Security clearance.
- Active CISSP Certification or equivalent.
- Cisco Certified Network Professional or Cisco Certified Network Associate certification
- Cisco NXOS and its related hardware
- Cisco IOS and its related hardware
- Cisco ASA
- Cisco Wireless Infrastructure
- Cisco VoIP Infrastructure
- PaloAlto Networks Firewalls
- SolarWinds NMS