The Security Engineer, under the direction of the senior engineer, is responsible for providing systems engineering, administration, monitoring, analysis, and operations supporting for the implementation of existing and planned capabilities and tools within Cyber Operations.
Required education and Skills
Desired skills and certifications
- Bachelor's degree; 10 years experience. 16 years experience can be substituted for a degree.
- 3-5 years experience Network monitoring such as Sourcefire, Netflow, and deep packet inspection.
- 3-5 years experience creating custom IDS/IPS signatures based on new threats and adversary Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures.
- Familiar with network-attack behavior – malware C2, exploit kits, Trojans, phishing techniques.
- Understanding of OSI Network Model.
- Understanding of VPN, VLAN, cloud, and mobile network technologies.
- 1-3 years of operating in a Security Operations Center or similar environment.
- 1-3 years of experience using Splunk.
- 1-3 years experience in Unix, Solaris, Linux, or Windows servers.
- 1-3 years experience using a ticketing system.
- 1-3 years of scripting using bash, python, or Windows PowerShell.
- Excellent written and oral communication.
- Bachelors in Information Technology or Network Engineering.