network Installation technician
The Network Installation Technician must have experience working in an enterprise level Data Center performing tasks such as: racking, stacking, cable management, asset inventory. The Network Installation Technician operates at the direction of senior installers and government oversight personnel.
Required Skills and Certifications
- Must have completed a Bachelor of Science degree and have at least one year of experience.
- Must have completed at least one certification program directly related to this labor category, such as: UNIX System Administrator, Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP), AT&T switches, Nortel switches, ATM, fiber optics, PC maintenance and repair, COMPTIA Network+, and Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP).
- Must have IT-1 Security + (can be obtained after start date)
- Must be able to adjust (upgrade/downgrade) Firmware & Bios
- Must be able to install/replace any hardware components in systems
- Must be able to maintain a shared RMA log/document
- Must be able to clearly communicate in English
- Must be able to lift 45 pounds. For racking and de-racking servers and heavy switches, we will
- always send 2 Technicians to site for safety reasons.
- Must be able to install new arrival fully built racks into data centers. Racked equipment can include Dell/HP/Seagate/Intel/Quanta/X86 type systems.
- Support LANs, WANs and network segments
- Ensure design of system allows all components to work properly together.
- Make recommendations for future upgrades.
- Analyze and isolate issues.
- Ensure network connectivity throughout a company's LAN/WAN infrastructure is on par with technical considerations.
- Perform network address assignment.
- Assign routing protocols and routing table configuration.
- Past experience doing asset inventory, asset tagging, data center audit.Ability to terminate and install/remove cabling (Category 5/6 and Fiber).
- Ability to physically un-package and move equipment.
- Ability to install/remove equipment into racks.
- Ability to operate power tools in order to be able to cut floor tiles and install equipment.
- Ability to operate standard hand tools.