Hardware/ Software Installation Technician
Location: Ogden, UT
Terms: Full Time Employment
Salary: Based on experience, education and certification
Clearance: Top Secret
Shift and Weekend Work: Upon Request
Travel Required: Up to 30%
The Hardware/Software Installation Technician operates within a Defense Enterprise Computing
Center (DECC) and must have experience working in an enterprise level Data Center performing tasks such as : Racking, stacking, cable management, asset inventory; and must have experience doing asset inventory, asset tagging and data center audits.
Required Skills and
- Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited institution and five years of experience.
- IT-1 Security+ Certification (can be obtained after start date)
- Must be able to adjust (upgrade/downgrade) Firmware & Bios
- Must be able to install/replace any hardware components in systems
- Must be able to maintain a shared RMA log/document
- Must be able to clearly communicate in English
- Must be able to lift 45 pounds. For racking and de-racking servers and heavy switches, we will always send 2 Technicians to site for safety reasons.
- But be able to install new arrival, fully built racks into data centers. Racked equipment can include Dell/HP/Seagate/Intel/Quanta/X86 type systems.
- Must be able to support LANs, WANs and network segments.
- Must be able to ensure design of system allows all components to work properly together.
- Must be able to make recommendations for future upgrades.
- Must be able to analyze and isolate issues.
- Must be able to ensure network connectivity throughout a company's LAN/WAN infrastructure is on par with technical considerations.
- Must be able to perform network address assignment
- Must be able to assign routing protocols and routing table configurations.
- Must be able to terminate and install/remove cabling (Category 5/6 and Fiber***).
- Must be able to physically un-package and move equipment.
- Must be able to install/remove equipment into racks.
- Must be able to operate power tools in order to be able to cut floor tiles and install equipment.
- Must be able toto operate standard hand tools.
Knowledge in operation of DISA Specific Systems and Processes (Knowledge of these systems/processes is an added value. It is understood that they are DISA specific and most potential candidates will not have knowledge of them. Candidates will be provided training on these systems:
- Vulnerability Management System
- Perform tasks to apply Security Technical Information Guides (STIG) to devices in primary area of technical support.