Serves as a project team member responsible for cyber security tool deployment ensuring the successful network design, installation, operation and maintenance of network based security tools.
- Researches, evaluates, designs, tests, recommends, communicates, and implements new security tools, software or devices in support of existing network architecture.
- Reviews, recommends, and implements network security approaches for data, software applications, hardware, and computer installations.
- Provides technical consultation in new systems development, new package evaluations and enhancements of existing systems.
- Prepares functional specifications from which systems will be procured and implemented.
- Participates in the technical design, development, testing, implementation and maintenance of systems and tools deployment and enhancements.
- Plans, schedules, conducts systems tests, monitors test results, and takes appropriate corrective action to ensure successful implementation of all tools.
- Executes any required upgrades, patching, and configuration designs necessary to maintain all appliances with the correct security posture and continuous availability.
- Prepares technical user guides as required.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies and tools as assigned. Serves as the SME for specific tools within the portfolio.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Prepares and maintains enterprise-class network diagrams.
Required education and Skills
Desired skills and certifications
- Bachelor of Science; 3 years of experience.
- Network architecture design experience to include router configurations.
- Hands on” experience with network engineering down to the command line as well as troubleshooting.
- Experience deploying and installing network based security tools and applications.
- Network engineering background similar to what is expected of a CCNP.
- CCNA Certification Required
- Some knowledge/experience with the installation and maintenance of security tools used in a security operations center (SOC) to include one or more of the following:
- Network Risk Monitoring: RedSeal.
- Intrusion Detection System: SourceFire.
- Web Application Firewall: Imperva. (Application support only.).
- Data Loss Prevention: McAfee (Application support only).
- Network Access Control: ForeScout CounterAct (Application support only).
- Security Information Event Management: Splunk.
- Other desired certification: CCNP; Security +; CISSP