Enterprise systems engineer
Location: Fort Meade, MD
Labor Category: Requirements Lead w/JWICS
Terms: Full Time Employment
Salary: Based on experience, education and certification
Clearance: Secret/Top Secret
Develops highly complex, global solutions across the appropriate engineering environments to meet business requirements or enhance performance. Will be responsible for developing/supporting enterprise email systems. Need to be well versed in Exchange (2016 is a plus), Active Directory and MS Server.
- Reviews cost analyses and vendor comparison reports to ensure cost-effective and efficient operations. Recommends vendor/approach and presents to senior management.
- Reviews and recommends highly complex systems investment(s) to management and customers based on results of independent assessment of current and future performance, stability, and systems management/life cycle issues.
- Provides escalated, highly complex technical support to customers by investigating and resolving systems-related matters of significance; provides support telephonically and/or electronically.
- Plans, conducts and oversees the technical aspects of large, complex projects; coordinates the efforts of technical support staff in the performance of assigned projects. Reviews completion and implementation of system additions and/or enhancements and provides management overview.
- Develops and applies advanced methods, theories and research techniques in the investigation and solution of highly complex system requirements and problems. Develops training tools and documentation; oversees implementation of same.
- Reviews literature, patents and current practices to support business requirements and/or new industry technology. Prepares reports and/or recommendations regarding new technology to appropriate personnel.
- Provides complex technical consultation on current and proposed systems to other organizations and clients.
- Provides leadership and work guidance to less experienced personnel.
- BS +7 years experience
- Exchange, Active Directory and MS Server
- Strong leadership skills to effectively mentor and lead junior level personnel
- Strong analytical and creative problem solving skills for design, creation and testing of complex systems
- Strong communication skills to communicate systems proposals to management and customers and provide systems diagnoses and resolution for current systems
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact with customers, senior level personnel, subordinates and team members
- Strong organization skills to prioritize work, balance and lead complex projects
- Ability to work independently and as part of a global team
- Ability to integrate highly complex hardware and software systems
- Security+; Network+; CISSP